Irwin (Irv) and Marlene Swenka were married June 23rd, 1956 at Immaculate Conception Church in
Cedar Rapids, IA. Life was good, they thought they knew it all. After 60 years, three children: Craig (Cathy), Todd (Mary) and Ann Rude; seven grandchildren, three stepgrandchildren, five great-grandchildren (and another due very soon), and five stepgreat-grandchildren, plus all the ups and downs and twists and turns of life, here they are still loving each other, still enjoying each other's company, and wondering where did the years go to, so quickly it seems, and realizing they will never know it all.
A family dinner was held June 26th at the Ox Yoke Inn in Amana to celebrate their 60th anniversary and 80th birthdays. Love and thank you to our children and grandchildren for making it a happy day.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Potent offense powers Cedar Rapids Prairie to sweep of Cedar Rapids Washington
- University of Iowa heavyweight Sam Stoll shot in the knee
- 2 more shutouts for Cedar Rapids Kennedy pitching duo
- Balloon Glow 2018 canceled due to rain
- Cedar Rapids Titans sold to Los Angeles investment firm
- Police: Iowa City duo had drugs, gun in apartment with child