The much anticipated milestone is here Irma Rayborn is 100 years old! Born July 12, 1916 near Hawleyville, IA, her life has been full of many memories. As a young girl, she worked with her mother shipping chickens as far away as Sydney, Australia. As a young woman she taught in a one-room school house and later married her sweetheart William "Bud" - with whom she just celebrated 75 years of marriage on June 1st! Irma has spent her married life being a happy homemaker and spent over 30 years volunteering at St. Luke's
Hospital (a job she treated like it was her full-time paying job). Many trips with friends and family also created lasting memories. She and Bud have visited every state except Alaska. Bud and Irma have Two Children; Roger (Joanne) Rayborn and Karen (Brad Gordon) Finn; and Three Granddaughters; Julie (Dan) Weber, Stacy (Jack) Kostanyan and Trisha Finn. They have also been blessed with Seven
Great-Grandchildren; Trae, Haley, Jake,
Willow, Madden, Maci and Taren. The
family celebrated yesterday with a picnic at the home of Bud and Irma while their grandchildren were here from California to help celebrate this wonderful occasion!
We love you Grandma and have been so blessed to have you in our lives!
MORE Days to Remember ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Belle Plaine train fatalities ruled murder-suicide
- Iowa football 2018 depth chart projection: Offense
- Marion man sentenced to 5 years in prison for sexual abuse of child
- Cedar Rapids opioid panel highlights programs, need for initiatives
- Sen. Pam Jochum calls on state auditor to investigate Medicaid savings
- Maddie Poppe, Hawkeye. No, not those Hawkeyes.