When she walked into my life,
I knew that she would be my wife.
She was dressed in gleaming white,
Her eyes were shining bright.
She stood so strong and tall,
I knew that she would give her all.
With the addition of wonderful children three,
That completed our family tree.
After 53 years of love,
The Lord took her above.
Now I have no wife,
And now have a huge void in my life.
After two long years,
I still shed tears.
We miss you Verna.
Love, Gene, Laurie, Bob, Sheryl
MORE In Remembrance ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- University of Iowa heavyweight Sam Stoll shot in the knee
- 2 more shutouts for Cedar Rapids Kennedy pitching duo
- Potent offense powers Cedar Rapids Prairie to sweep of Cedar Rapids Washington
- Balloon Glow 2018 canceled due to rain
- Hubbell, Hart want to forge ‘common agenda’ with Iowans
- Mercy Iowa City to integrate with Iowa Heart Center