From the City of Cedar Rapids
Cedar Rapids, IA – September 25, 2016 – Current road closures as of September 25, 5:55 p.m. New closures are highlighted below. Information also available on the City’s website, www.cedar-rapids.org and will be updated as necessary.
· All downtown bridges currently closed, in addition to 8th Avenue, 12th Avenue, and 16th Avenue Bridges.
I-380 Ramp Closures
· The 5th Avenue SW/Diagonal Drive SW exit (Exit 19A) for northbound traffic will be restricted to emergency and construction vehicles only
· The 1st Street W exit (Exit 19C) for northbound traffic will be closed to all traffic
· The 1st Street E exit (Exit 20A) for southbound traffic will be closed to all traffic
· The 1st Avenue W exit (Exit 19B) for southbound traffic will be restricted to emergency and construction vehicles only
I-380 can still be accessed at Wilson Avenue SW and 7th Street NE.
· Ellis Blvd, from Edgewood Rd to Penn Avenue is closed
· C Street SW at Ely Road SW (By Tait Cummins Park) is closed
· Old River Road SW at Big Bend Road is closed
· Projected closure of Edgewood Road will occur at 7:00 p.m. this evening – closed from Glass Road to just south of Ellis Rd NW
· Ellis Road west of Edgewood Rd is closed
· Ellis Boulevard from Ellis Lane to E Avenue is closed
· E Ave NW between Ellis Blvd NW and 1st Street NW is closed
· 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Avenues – closed between 6th Street W to 5th Street E
· 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th Avenues SE – closed between 1st Street SE to 6th Street SE
· 8th Avenue – closed between 1st Street SW to 10th Street SE
· 12th Avenue – closed between C Street SW to 10th Street SE
· 16th Avenue – closed between C Street SW to 4th Street SE
· 1st Street NE –closed between A Street NE to 1st Avenue E
· 7th Street SE – closed at 8th Avenue SE to southbound traffic
· 8th Street SE – closed at 8th Avenue SE to southbound traffic