UI announces football parking plans
Enhanced game day parking, you guys.
I'm posting this as an FYI, nothing more.
Fact of the matter is you guys are piggy banks. That's how it has to be if Iowa is going to be a serious program.
From UI sports info:
NEW ‘ENHANCED’ GAME-DAY PARKING PLAN TO BE PART OF 2014 IOWA FOOTBALL SEASON
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Fans of the University of Iowa football team who purchased season tickets a year ago will soon be selecting where they will sit inside historic Kinnick Stadium beginning with the 2014 season as the UI Athletics Department conducts a "re-seating" of Kinnick Stadium.
However, most fans of the Hawkeyes who are also contributors to the National I-Club probably don't know they will also have the opportunity to select the parking lot they'll call home on game days as part of this year's season ticket purchasing process.
In an effort to efficiently utilize all available spaces in UI-owned and operated parking lots, fans who purchase season tickets and make an annual contribution to the National I-Club will be provided the opportunity to indicate their first, second, and third parking lot preference with the lots that they choose from being based on their level of giving to the National I-Club. The UI Athletics Department will then make parking lot assignments based on their Iowa Football priority point total and the availability of space inside their preferred lots. The parking lot assignment will remain the same for the entire season.
"In addition to meeting all of our obligations to contributors to the National I-Club, our top priorities are to make our parking lots on game days easier to navigate, safer and more fan-friendly," said Paula Jantz, the UI's associate athletics director for event management.
Jantz also noted the following:
- There will be no changes in the game day parking for fans of the Hawkeyes who lease private suites inside the Paul W. Brechler Press Box. These fans will continue to park in pre-assigned locations in Lot 43 immediately west of historic Kinnick Stadium.
- UI parking lots will open at 7 p.m. and close at 11 p.m. on most Fridays prior to a game day. This schedule will likely change if, for example, an event is being staged in Carver-Hawkeye Arena the day prior to a game day.
- UI parking lots will open at 6 a.m. on game days.
- There will be no change to the fees paid for parking in UI lots in 2014. The rates will be the same as they were for the 2013 season: When parking for all seven home games is paid in advance, the fee will be $100 for automobiles and $300 for recreational vehicles; when parking is paid for on game day, the cost will be $20 for an automobile, $50 for an RV, and $100 for a bus.
- Jantz said the UI's new "enhanced" football game day parking options are a direct by-product of the new giving levels in the National I-Club and the addition of more than 500 parking spaces in the lots adjacent to or near Kinnick Stadium during the past two years of construction.
The most significant changes in game day parking will be for fans who make an annual contribution to the National I-Club prior to June 30, 2014 of $15,000 or more, which qualifies the donor for membership in the Kinnick Society Gold level of giving. These fans will have the option to purchase up to two pre-assigned, reserved parking spaces.
However, if a fan at this level of giving to the National I-Club wants to erect a tent in one of the spaces, they will need to park in Lot 43NW which will be located immediately west of the UI Recreation Building and east of the new Iowa Football Operations Center. No tents will be allowed in Lot 43 West other than those being utilized on game day by fans who lease a suite in the press box.
"The elimination of tents in Lot 43 West will do three things: It will make that parking lot safer for everyone, it will make that lot more fan-friendly, and it will make driving in and out of the lot on game days much easier," said Jantz.
To review a map of game day parking at historic Kinnick Stadium beginning next Aug. 30 when the Iowa football team opens its 2014 season against Northern Iowa, fans can visit this web page:
To review the giving levels of the National I-Club and the benefits that come with each, fans can visit this web page:
UI PARKING LOT OPTIONS BY
NATIONAL I-CLUB GIVING LEVEL
Members of the National I-Club who are also UI football season ticket holders and who want to park on game days in UI parking lots will be assigned a parking lot for the 2014 season based on the preferences and their priority. The following provides a list of the parking lot choices fans will have based on their level of giving to the National I-Club.
Kinnick Society Gold ($15,000 and above)
Up to two pre-assigned parking spaces in 43West or 43Northwest or up to two passes in lots 49, 75, 33, 46, 14 or 65
on a first-come, first-served basis
Kinnick Society ($10,000 to $14,999)
One pass in 43 West, 43 North, 49, 75, 33, 46, 14 or 65
Champion Hawks ($6,000 to $9,999)
One pass in 43 North, 49, 75, 33, 46, 14 or 65
Golden Hawks ($2,500 to $5,999)
One pass in 49, 75, 33, 46, 14 or 65
Silver Hawks ($1,200 to $2,499)
One pass in 14 or 65
Fans should make their requests when placing season ticket order and they will be contacted to select their location based on priority points within National I-Club membership levels and availability.Note: UI Parking Ramp 4 is available to all members of the National I-Club. As a reminder, tents, LP and charcoal grills, and LP heaters are not permitted in UI parking ramps.