Five things Rutgers doesn't want you to know
Scandals, and more scandals at new Big Ten institution
When it comes to men's basketball coaches and athletic directors, Rutgers University has had its problems since it joined the Big Ten last November.
But it's what Rutgers hasn't told us that's the worst part. Such as:
1. Rutgers is located in New Brunswick, N.J. New Brunswick is also the name of a province of Canada. There are no Canadian provinces (or cities) named Ann Arbor, East Lansing, Minneapolis or Iowa City.
2. The only former Rutgers player in the NBA is Dahntay Jones, who caused Kobe Bryant to roll his ankle in February. But Jones finished his college career at Duke.
3. In football, Rutgers has played Lehigh 74 times, Lafayette 72, and Princeton 71. It has never played Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio State, Purdue, or Wisconsin.
4. James Gandolfini is a Rutgers graduate. But the school wasn't good enough for Tony Soprano's daughter, Meadow, who went to college at New York City's Columbia University.
5. "Scarlet Knight" is an anagram for "Start Heckling."