When our community grows, we must make adjustments to meet the needs of the community. Recently, the Iowa City school board has been working on a diversity policy, guidelines for the superintendent to use in regard to socioeconomic diversity and building use within the district.
I support and commend the board for undertaking this task. It will bring balance to our community for all of our students, addressing diversity as we grow, now and in the future.
Beth BeasleyIowa City
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Air rescues at UI Hospitals run on secret deal
- Report: Iowa’s minimum wage far below cost of rent
- New technology resonates with young Cedar Rapids patient
- Cedar Rapids Kernels top prospect Royce Lewis plays through knee issue
- In Iowa: Who would govern the best state the best?
- Iowa Speedway crowd size not so hot, but Newton racing was feverish