Tanager Place earns national reaccreditation
Tanager Place has achieved national reaccreditation through the New York-based Council on Accreditation (COA). Tanager Place provides an extensive array of innovative programs designed to help at-risk children with behavioral, emotional and/or psychiatric disorders.
The COA found outstanding and strong performances on the nearly 500 standards reviewed, placing Tanager Place in the top 20 percent of all agencies accredited by the COA. Tanager Place has been accredited through the COA since 2001.
The four year reaccreditation included evaluation of the following services: counseling support and education; family preservation and stabilization; outpatient mental health; and residential treatment services, including developmental disabilities.
COA evaluated all aspects of Tanager Place’s programs, services, management, and administration. Findings from the COA report include:
• Long-term employees who show a real commitment to the organization's mission and to ensuring quality service to their clients.
• The organization maintains high standards in ethical practice and consistently implements procedures that strengthen practice.
• Tanager Place takes great care to ensure their staff and clients have a safe and secure environment in which to work and receive services.
• Tanager Place offers extensive training programs for a 200 member staff.
• The Mental Health Program has shown tremendous growth since 2008, and now serves more than 3,000 children and their families annually.
• Inpatient treatment services are distinctive with clear policies in place. Services are for children with psychiatric diagnosis and for children with both a psychiatric diagnosis and intellectual disability.
“Accreditation reflects the commitment of board and staff to providing the highest quality of care possible,” says Tanager Place CEO George Estle.
COA accreditation is an objective, independent, and reliable validation of an agency’s performance. The COA accreditation process involves a detailed review and analysis of an organization’s administration, management, and service delivery functions against international standards of best practice.
For more information on Tanager Place, visit www.tanagerplace.org.
For more information on COA accreditation, visit www.COAnet.org.
###Since 1879, Tanager Place has been focused on helping children and families through mental health treatment, prevention and research. Today, Tanager Place provides an extensive array of innovative programs designed to help at-risk children with behavioral, emotional or psychiatric disorders achieve success. More than 3,000 children each year find healing through Tanager Place’s comprehensive outpatient Mental Health Clinic, inpatient, and community-based programs.