Parking directions for Iowa-Indiana basketball
Today officially is a workday for University of Iowa personnel (who really knows how many are in their offices, however). That means there will be parking challenges for fans attending Iowa's Big Ten opener against Indiana (which the university has designated as a "Blackout" game.)
Here is Iowa's news release on parking areas around Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Hopefully it eases some frustrations:
UI ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES PARKING DETAILS FOR NEW YEARíS EVE MENíS BASKETBALL GAME
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- The following summarizes adjustments to game-day parking made by the UI Athletics Department for the menís basketball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes and the Indiana Hoosiers on Monday, Dec. 31.† The adjustments are required as a result of the game being scheduled for live national television at 3:05 p.m. on a work day at the UI.
The UI Athletics Department anticipates having ample parking for all fans attending the game.† They do suggest that fans review the following information prior to departing for Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
Game-Day Parking Adjustments for Monday, Dec. 31 (Iowa vs. Indiana)
- UI parking lots 65 (Finkbine Commuter) and 43 (Kinnick Stadium) will be available to fans beginning at 1 p.m.† These lots are open to the general public and are in close proximity to Carver-Hawkeye Arena.† Parking costs $5.
- UI parking lots 33, 40, 75 and 46 will be controlled and available beginning at 1 p.m.† These lots are reserved for fans with the appropriate parking pass.
- The Newton Road parking ramp will be available.† The cost will be $1.10 per hour.
- There will be no access to the parking ramps adjacent to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.† These ramps must be reserved for patients and staff.
- Fans are encouraged to ride to and from Carver-Hawkeye Arena on the shuttle available at Hancher Auditorium.† Shuttle service is free and will begin at 1:30 p.m.
For a map of parking lots around Carver-Hawkeye Arena, click on the link below:http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/iowa/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/201213UIMBBParkingMap.pdf