#8 reader story: Highway 100
Project involves extension of Highway 100 from Edgewood Road to Highway 13
The long-elusive Highway 100 extension from Edgewood Road to Highway 13 receives funding in Iowa Department of Transportationís five-year plan.
In 2013, the DOT will continue to buy up property in the right of way of the highway with bid-letting set for September on the bridge piece of the project, Iowa DOT officials say. The project is slated to be complete in 2019.
The half-mile Highway 100 extension will complete the Highway 100 project, which now runs from Highway 13 at Marion into Cedar Rapids, where the highway is called Collins Road NE, and west of Interstate 380 to Edgewood Road NE.
STORIES FROM THE YEAR:
- Dec. 19 -- Sierra Club identifies Highway 100 as one of worst transportation projects
- Dec. 18 -- Long-delayed, $200 million Highway 100 extension project begins
- Oct. 31 -- Iowa appeals court rejects environmental case against Highway 100 bypass project
- July 15 -- Planners ponder the Corridorís transportation future
- July 9 -- Federal bill benefits Highway 100 in Cedar Rapids
- July 6 -- Endangered butterfly missing from Cedar Rapids preserve
- June 13 -- Highway 100 extension locked in to stateís highway plan