NFL Report: Former Iowa TEs produce
TEAM TIGHT END
Four different tight ends from Iowa caught touchdown passes last week for four different NFL clubs. The Chiefs’ Tony Moeaki earned his first this season, while the Buccaneers’ Dallas Clark has three TD catches in his last four games.
Oakland’s Brandon Myers has exceeded all expectations this year, ranking 11th in receptions (third among tight ends) with 70. He also has 728 receiving yards and four touchdowns this year.
Since 2011, Buffalo’s Scott Chandler is second among AFC tight ends with 12 TD catches. He has six this year.
A fifth former Iowa tight end, Allen Reisner, has one catch for 13 yards this year for Minnesota. He’s been active in four games.
- Brandon Myers, Oakland -- 70 catches, 728 yards, 4 TDs (leads Raiders in catches by 23, yards by 50)
- Scott Chandler, Buffalo -- 32 catches, 417 yards, 6 TDs (leads Bills in TDs, second in yards)
- Dallas Clark, Tampa Bay -- 31 catches, 320 yards, 3 TDs (third in catches, TDs catches)
- Tony Moeaki, Kansas City -- 27 catches, 386 yards, 1 TD (second on K.C. in receiving yards, TD catches)
- Allen Reisner, Minnesota -- 1 catch, 13 yards
GAME OF THE WEEK
Texans (11-1) at Patriots (9-3), Monday night. Teams already have clinched playoff spot. With a win, New England can tie Dallas (1968-72) for the second-most consecutive December wins (13) in NFL History. Texans have notched team record for most wins and are 6-0 on the road.
- Minnesota LB Chad Greenway (Iowa) leads the NFL in tackles with 123.
- N.Y. Jets RB Shonn Greene (Iowa) posted his sixth career 100-yard rushing game last week. Jets are 6-0 when Greene rushes for 100-plus yards.
- Cleveland DT Ahtyba Rubin (Iowa State) has nine starts and two sacks this year.
ON THE TUBE
- Chargers at Steelers, noon, KGAN
- Bears at Vikings, noon, KFXA
- Saints at Giants, 3:25 p.m., KFXA
- Lions at Packers, 7:20 p.m., KWWL