Steve Case joins Des Moines conference
Steve Case, co-founder of AOL and the chair of Startup America Partnership, will present as a featured speaker at the Thinc Iowa conference October 10-11.
Produced by Silicon Prairie News, Thinc Iowa is a two-and-a-half-day event limited to 500 attendees that is designed to inspire, educate and celebrate the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the Midwest. Case, a pivotal figure in the evolution of the internet, will join 14 nationally known speakers on a one-track keynote stage.
"Steve Case has not only built one of the largest web companies of all time but continues to invest in promising startups and lead in areas like social good and corporate responsibility through his foundation,” said Geoff Wood of Silicon Prairie News. “He has an innovation story broader than most and we’re excited he has chosen to share it at Thinc Iowa."
Featured on the cover of “Entrepreneur” magazine this month, Case is currently the chairman of the Startup America Partnership, and the chairman and CEO of Revolution – an investment firm that has backed more than two dozen companies, including LivingSocial, Zipcar and AddThis – and the chairman of the Case Foundation.
The full Thinc Iowa speaker lineup:
- Steve Case - Startup America Partnership chairman, AOL co-founder
- Brad Feld - Foundry Group co-founder
- Ryan Graves - Uber global GM and VP operations
- Steve Greenwood - Brewster CEO and co-founder
- Neal Sales-Griffin - The Starter League founder and CEO
- Tara Hunt - Buyosphere co-founder, Agence Tuxedo digital and content director
- Dane Maxwell, The Foundation founder
- Jeremie Miller - Singly co-founder
- Danielle Morrill - Referly CEO and co-founder
- Avner Ronen - Boxee CEO and founder
- Brian Spaly - Trunk Club CEO
- Bart Stein - Stamped co-founder
- Gentry Underwood - Orchestra CEO and co-founder
- Ron J. Williams - Knodes co-founder and CEO Antonio Neves, award-winning journalist and founder of THINQACTION, will emcee the event, a role he played at Big Omaha 2012 in May.
Thinc Iowa conference begins at 8 p.m. on Oct. 9 with an opening party. The conference concludes Oct. 11 with a closing party. Both events are free with an RSVP and open to the public. For a complete schedule of Thinc Iowa, visit thinciowa.com/schedule.html.
Tickets for the conference are available for $449 General Admission and $299 for Entrepreneur/ Startup attendees. Discounts available for non-profit professionals and students. To purchase tickets, visit 2012thinciowatickets.eventbrite.com.
About Thinc IowaThinc Iowa is part of the Silicon Prairie Series, a series of events on innovation and entrepreneurship, held each October in Des Moines.