Stuff. Just stuff. Boise State and the Michigan Wolverines and the Dallas Cowboys and President Obama.
I was in Deb's Deli before President Obama
1. A lot of people count down the days to the start of college football season. (It's 50, by the way.) But people, don't you understand? You're counting away summer when you do that.
Don't count away summer. Do something mentally to make it last as long as possible. Like listening to this song, which coincidentally, is called "Summer."
2. President Obama was in Deb's Ice Cream & Deli in downtown Cedar Rapids Tuesday afternoon, and bought treats for his staff and others. He got himself a mint-chocolate ice cream cone.
I was in Deb's Monday and had the smoked turkey. I've been there dozens and dozens and dozens of times over the years. Not once has a president of the United States walked in and bought me ice cream.
Nor has anyone else, for that matter.
3. I'm headed to the PGA Tour's John Deere Classic in the Quad Cities tomorrow.
I will do the treating there. I'll buy a pork chop sandwich for the first person who approaches me on the TPC Deere Run grounds and says "Hooray for Y.E. Yang" to me.
The pork chop sandwiches are very good there.
Now we have one that looks like a 100-yard candy cane.
5. I read this story about a Dallas Cowboys undrafted receiver named Cole Beasley, who is irked by comparisons to the New England Patriots' Wes Welker.
“I get tired of it a little bit because I feel like I have a little bit more speed than Wes Welker does,” Beasley said on 105.3 The Fan’s RAGE radio show, via the Dallas Morning News. “He’s got a little bigger frame than me but I feel like I’ve got a little more versatility to my game than he does.
In his five years with the Patriots, Welker has 554 receptions. Five hundred and fifty-four.
No, who would want to be compared to a stiff like Welker?
6. Michigan quarterback Jack Kennedy and wide receiver Joe Reynolds made a music video. Denard Robinson, a more famous Wolverine, makes a cameo appearance.
The song and the video aren't bad.