DECORAH, Iowa (AP) — The online world is flocking again to see the newest egg laid by a famous northeast Iowa eagle family.
The renowned Decorah Eagle family welcomed the egg into the world Friday night.
The feathered family has gained international attention because of an internet nest-cam set up by the Raptor Resource Project. The website that allows people to watch has been viewed nearly 217 million times.Raptor Resource project researcher Bob Anderson says new equipment installed in October will give viewers an even better look at the eagle family this year. He says the next egg will likely be laid early next week.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
- Cedar Rapids Prairie's Levi Usher balances senior season preparation with MLB draft prospects
- 2018 prep baseball preview: Area players and teams to watch
- Iowa baseball gets No. 6 seed in Big Ten tournament after sweeping Penn State
- An opened door: How one Cedar Rapids family helped a Haitian family in need of medical care
- From winless to winners: Vinton-Shellsburg boys’ soccer eyes first postseason victory
- 4 Democrats vie for chance to oust Rod Blum