Iowa to play 6 Big Ten games on ESPN networks
Iowa's men's basketball team will play at least six Big Ten games on the ESPN family of networks, according to the schedule released by the league and ESPN today.
Five of the games are scheduled for ESPNU. Iowa's home game against Wisconsin (8 p.m. Feb. 23) will air on either ESPN or ESPN2. Iowa also could have games selected on ESPN's wild-card dates of Feb. 26 or March 4.
Here are Iowa's ESPN games this season:
- Thursday, Jan. 26 — Nebraska at Iowa, 6 p.m. (ESPNU)
- Saturday, Feb. 4 — Penn State at Iowa, 2 p.m. (ESPNU)
- Thursday, Feb. 9 — Iowa at Northwestern, 8 p.m. (ESPNU)
- Thursday, Feb. 16 — Iowa at Penn State, 8 p.m. (ESPNU)
- Thursday, Feb. 23 — Wisconsin at Iowa, 8 p.m. (ESPN/ESPN2)
- Wednesday, Feb. 29 — Iowa at Nebraska, 8 p.m. (ESPNU)
Iowa's Feb. 19 home game against Indiana was selected as a possible CBS wild card game. The game time is undetermined.Iowa will open the Big Ten season at home around Dec. 28 (opponent not disclosed) and play at Wisconsin at 1 p.m. Dec. 31. The rest of the Big Ten schedule, including Big Ten Network games, is slated for release on Wednesday.